Thursday 21 March 2013

Yellow Jeans

On another one of my lunch-break rendezvous’, I ended up in the changing room of Vero Moda with a stack of clothes off their sales rack. I had the usual suspects in deeper shades of blues, greys and immortal black, and a few cheery pieces in pink and green and mustard after all the net surfing I’ve been doing on fashion blogs. What shocked me was I walked out with a pair of bright canary yellow jeans!

They’re skinny jeans, super comfy cotton and have an elasticized waist which makes them even better to deal with. But yellow?! I’ve never… never ever… been a yellow person. I think all this neon and bright colours trend is getting to my head.

So the lovely bright canary pair sat in silence in my wardrobe for the past couple of weeks. The first week I debated I could take them back to the store for something else. Then I browsed the net to see how other people have worn yellow jeans. Here’s a few ideas that appealed to me and kept me from going back to the store:

And here's some more great ideas of taking yellow jeans from casual to dressy:


A few days on I coaxed myself they might go with the funky Quirkbox Minion Boyfriend Jacket I had recently splurged on (more on that in my next post!). It looked quite funky, but I still prefer the jacket with my neon-navy linen drawstring pants (also from Vero Moda, love their stuff!).

And then it was Wednesday night. Thursdays are casual attire days at the office, so I thought now or never. I pulled them on and paired them with this very comfy frilled jersey black top I’ve had since my uni days (around 8 years old - almost vintage, deserves a separate blog post!) and asked for an opinion from the harshest critic I know; my husband. When he’d seen the jeans by themselves he feigned an overly dramatized look of horror, but when I donned the whole outfit together along with my comfy black Naturalizer Mary Jane shoes, he actually said it made me look slimmer! That is a super huge compliment coming from him, and it gave me the confidence boost I needed to wear it to work.

I’m happy to report I’ve received many compliments! My secretary tells me I have motivated her to hop on to the neon trend this summer (she also digged my orange Mango blazer, more on that in a separate post). Another colleague said I looked fresh and ready for the weekend (so no snide comments on bright-as jeans!) and I even got some sleazy stares at the mall when I went to lunch (ok, that’s not a good thing!). Now I have to try pairing these with a more dramatic colour contrast (without looking like a bright lollipop ofcourse!).

PS: I spotted very similar yellow jeans like mine in Zara for AED 250. I got mine at Vero Moda for AED 99. Victory dance!
xoxox Big Sis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment