Tuesday 10 September 2013

Onesies for One & All!

Just when I thought I’d seen it all, out pops a new vocab into the fashion scene – the onesies!

These all-in-one romper suits are nothing new. Every new mum has invested in over a dozen… for her baby. Enter the new-age romper, the ‘onesies’ for adults!
Just like the baby counterparts, they come in soft, cuddly fleece and friendly nursery animal prints (loving the rubber-ducky print!).

 

You even get patriotic ones like the Union Jack inspired one below, and yes the onesie is unisex!
 
Horror of horrors, they even have character-inspired ones! Maybe my dream of being a giant pink fluffy bunny will finally come true :-)

 
 
Onesies are very popular in the West already, and are easily available in leading supermarkets, a great hit on Ebay… and even Harrods has a section dedicated to them!


I can imagine these would be very comfy for a cold winter’s day idling away at home and sipping hot chocolate, kind of like a cocoon of warmth. I don’t think I’d invest in one for Dubai winters, but would love to have one for my planned trip to New Zealand next year.

 
What I find very fashion faux pas is how people can take these outdoors. Very gutsy I’d say, or just plain nuts! Then again with fashion, you never know where you’re headed… you might spot me in a onesie at work next year ;-)
- Big Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment