Wednesday 27 March 2013

Nifty Ideas For the Everyday Domestic Goddess

Here's some real nifty ideas I've found online...

1) Recycle empty lotion bottles buy trimming them into mobile holders for charging your phone! No more tangled wires, and you can pretty-up the bottle to suit your setting.











2) Running our of air-tight containers? Grab a pack of marshmallows! They soak up excess moisture in anything you store away.










3) Dropped you mobile in water? My Sony Ericsson once ended up in the ladies' loo at work. It was a brand new piece, and I was running int oa meeting and got very frantic as I saw the screen go blank. Then I found an interesting tip that worked wonders for me... I opened up the mobile completely, battery and all, and put all the parts into a big bowl of uncooked rice. I left it like that for almost a week, and miracle of miracles, it came back to life! Dry rice soaked up all the water that had gone into it.


4) As the days get warmer here and my toddler's demand for iced lollies gets more frequent, this nifty trick will help limit the mess she makes.









5) White vinegar is a miracle product. Not only does it bring your salads to life, but a few capfuls can help open up clogged drains, and also help remove unsightly rust stains in the bathroom. Attach a bag-full onto your shower head, leave for a couple of hours, and be amazed at how bedazzling it can get! Best of all, white vingegar is eco-friendly unlike many of the detergents we tend to use.


xoxox Big Sis.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment