Thursday 21 March 2013

Quirkbox Minion Boyfriend Jacket


I first heard of Quirkbox from the super-cool fashion blog Fashion Bombay: http://www.fashion-bombay.com/2013/01/quirk-me-up.html
This article took me to the Quirk Box website (www.quirkboxed.com) and that is where I saw this jacket and had to, had to have it!

 
It also comes in white, but I liked the grey better for the contrast. Through Google image search I even found Bollywood beauty Gul Panag sporting the white one!

I placed an order through Quirkbox’s online store site www.inonit.com . Initially I had issues getting the payment through, some technical site issue. But the inonit team were super-fast at helping me out, great service! Although I paid more than I expected to on delivery charges, the jacket got to me from India to Dubai in eleven days flat.
When I first set eyes on it, I was quite disappointed. The material looks far duller than it did in the vibrant website shots. Also, what you can’t see in the shots is the overly funky puffy shoulder pads. A friend of mine gave me the booboo for splurging online and said she reckons I would hardly wear it.
Just to prove her wrong, I wore this, and that too to work! I wore it with dark distressed skinny jeans, a black camisole, and my funky purple Mary Jane shoes. This time the same friend said it looked great, and I felt great in it too! I think it’s one of those pieces that you have to wear to love (puff shoulder pads and all – yes, I even got used to these now!). And the best part is its pretty roomy and I love the funky neon pink buttons and generous pockets. Even though summer is nearly here, I think I can get quite some wear out of them given how freezing it is under the office air-conditioning. And my jacket has another unexpected fan, my two-year-old toddler! Every time I open my wardrobe door, she points out the wee “monsurs” on it (that’s ‘monsters’ in baby-slang).
xoxox Big Sis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment