Monday 7 October 2013

A Monday Moment with Whittaker’s Milk Strawberry



I finally got a chance to try out Whittaker’s latest offering today. This new flavour is yet another special contribution towards their New Zealand Breast Cancer cause (their previous offering was White Raspberry).

For those of you who haven’t heard of Whittaker’s chocolate, the brand is Kiwi owned and operated, and originated in 1896. It is New Zealand’s oldest confectionary company run by a family of the same name.  These chocolates are by far one of the most delicious on the face of this globe (trust me I’ve tried a lot chocolate!). It’s one of those things I love to take over for friends and family overseas, and definitely for Big Sis, a chocolate lover like myself.
 
 
 
Above: Some of the Whittaker's varieties
 
Whittaker’s claims to be fair trade (makes me love them more) and have maintained their manufacturing tradition of “bean to bar” i.e. they control the entire start to finish process of their chocolate products.

This particular slab consists of classic Whittaker’s Creamy Milk Chocolate with a liquid strawberry flavoured filling. Packaging-wise it deviates from their traditional gold and gold wrapper, with navy blue, an MRI strawberry scan and a metallic pink foil wrapper inside.
 
I have always loved the combination of strawberry and chocolate, and am thrilled with the idea of having it available in block form. I generally find this combination in boxed chocolates or chocolate boutique-like places, but this block was just as good, if not better! Many people I know consider it too rich and sweet, but I can have a whole block to myself!

Best of all, 20 cents of each block sold goes to the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation. So do a little good, try it out, if you don’t like it I’m happy to take it off you!
Lil Sis J

No comments:

Post a Comment