Wednesday 3 July 2013

Gladiator Sandals



 
A trendy pair of gladiator sandals, preferably leather, that tie up right to the knees, is high up on my summer lust list. Then I see Simone Heng donning these beauties by Husna, and this starts me off on a mission to find a pair for myself! A pair of gladiators is perfect for summer, but one that can twist and wrap itself knee-high has far more fashion quotent in my books, and will look absolutely striking with an assymetrical skirt.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When the original Gladiators crafted these beauties, little did they know that they've placed themselves in fashion history for generations to come.
 
 


In New Zealand, a pair of gladiator sandals is a part of the summer uniform till date (for both genders). 









 And the fashion scene has seen so many versions of these lovely strappy sandals over the decades. I own a few low-rise versions in different styles and colours, but really want to get my hands on a knee-high version!


 
I found this lovely store on Etsy that does custom-made sandals, and am totally in love with the pair below. There goes my resolution to spend less this month...

- Big Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment