Saturday 29 June 2013

DIY Twinkle Star Pants

Here's a fun project I got up to recently...
 
I bought this fabric painting set from Tchibo. For those of you who don't know Tchibo, it is a German franchise that sells all kinds of cool things from clothing to cooking utensils to fun project kits like the one I got below, and best of all it only cost me AED 35!
 

The kit comes with 4 pots of fabric paint, a paint brush, a sponge brush, and a set of stencils (alpha-numerics and generic icons like hearts, stars, smileys, and even shoes and cocktail glasses).
 
I was really attracted to the lovely mettalic lilac paint, and put it to use.
 
The regular paint brush was useful, but the sponge brush was my main accessory in this project - all I needed to do was dab, dab, dab!

I chose the star motif, maybe because I have 'twinkle, twinkle little star' in my mind so constantly thanks to my little tot! She had a fun time with this project too as I made her feel very important and let her hold the stencil in place!
 

I got these dusky pink jeans from Vero Moda about a year ago. I've worn it heaps, even though I've had comments it looks naked (thanks to its close proximity to my skin colour!).
I think the metallic stars really gave my jeans a face-lift!
 
Here's a pic of my jeans up-close. The trick is to keep the distance between each motif constant so it looks neat. And doesn't the metallic paint have a lovely subtle shine?


You don't have to go buy a Tchibo kit. Create your kit at home!
 
Cut out a motif of your choice on stiff cardboard. Use an old paint brush and the sponge of an old makeup compact. Get creative with colour schemes and motifs. Have fun!
- Big Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment